Pages

Monday, September 12

At the Market - Ballston Market Sept 10

This past Saturday I was a vendor at Ballston Arts & Crafts Market. It was a beautiful day, so I expected lots of foot traffic - given that the DC area was water-logged for most of last week. Surprisingly, the crowd turned out to be pretty sparse. Even though sales were a little slow, at least I was able to get plenty of vitamin D and test out the new set-up.

You'll remember last week I posted a sneak peak, well I think the actual set-up turned out to be even better than I had envisioned. It improved on my old set-up by adding more items at varying heights and encouraging people to interact with the products.  Putting the vintage book and map paintings in baskets and displaying the magnets on an easily visible tray encouraged people to touch and feel, hopefully turning more 'lookers' into 'buyers.' Plus this new set-up takes less time to assemble/dissemble, a fact both myself and my set-up assistant (a.k.a. my dad) were very happy about!




No comments:

Post a Comment